Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Trying to get that faded, medieval map look

So I've been asked to make some maps that have that faded, medieval map look that I dearly love. Specifically of the central area in Veridia, our campaign setting in Golarion. This is a completely new experience for me and took a little work to get at least somewhat correct. Here's a couple examples:


This was just a really early map that I tried. I based it of the tutorials I found here, which are awesome. It took some tweaking, but eventually I got something recognizable like this:


This wound up being the basis for the map I'm using. If you're familiar with the Stolen Lands, you will immediately recognize Candlemere Lake and Lake Silverstep. I'll post the finished map when... well, when it's finished! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment